Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mini bulk sell question - sat nav contacts manager

Hi

Are there any guidelines on selling items through Blatchat?

Have developed a Contact's Manger software package for use with Garmin Sat Nav (nuvi range) which allows users to enter full address details, convert the postcode, find the latitude and longitude and include telephone and mobile numbers. The files can be converted for Tom Tom users . . .

The user enters details on the PC and then downloads the files to the sat nav. Provides the capability to carry around thousands of addresses with full contact details plus sat nav position. The addresses can be grouped into categories of your choice.

Have spent several months developing the product, interested in the level of demand, whether its one or twos or hundreds.

Feedback on the guidelines and any other advice/comments/interest would be appreciated

Plan to post another message 'upstairs' with further details depending on the response.

Many thanks in advance

HPC7 . . . Cosworth engineering back in fashion

NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - any advertisement considered commercial by me will be removed.

Please stipulate a price or at least a guide price, for the items you are selling.

Why not have a look in the Wanted section to see if anyone's after the stuff you have?

If you have the items for sale elsewhere, it would be nice if you mentioned it in your advertisement.

Items for auction for NTL should go in the "For Sale in aid of Nuke the Leuk" section.

No multiple posts, just to get your advertisement noticed.

Please monitor your advertisements and update where necessary.

Advertisers should close/lock the thread once the items have been sold.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Not for me to say but I would contact Barry (site manager) this sounds more like market reaearch to me for a commercial venture,

Doesn't bother me but I suggest common courtesy if nothing else suggests permission would be a good idea.

(PS sounds like a bloody winner to me all my customers on my sat nav a big Yipppee from me, but I didn't say that etc etcd *thumbup*

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

Delbert

Thanks for advice, yes still at the market research stage . . . and how much more development time i should invest.

How do i contact Barry the contacts list does not include his details

The other useful contact would be the Satellite Navigation expert, can anyone confirm its Julian Thomas - some contact details again would be useful?

How do i contact Barry the contacts list does not include his details

sitemanager@lotus7club.co.uk

(look down *wink*)

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Delbert

The other obvious question with stored information, what additional details would people like?

There is space for approx another 200 characters. Next revision of the software could include email addresses and notes.

I thinks its sitemanager@Lotus7club.com

(or say something contreveshial abd he will find the thread, the all seeing all hearing individaul that is BArry)

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

*arrowup*

Mmm, if that's correct, that would be something for the 'bugs' section me thinks ... *smokin*

Thanks for that - non known bugs at the moment.

The interesting challeng is whether foreign addresses details are handled correctly when people cut and paste data. Have played this game before. Will include German alphabet conversion - or other if there is an interest.

Currently limited to longitude range less than 10 degrees West to less than 10 degrees East but can be fixed!