Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Back home..

rgrigsby

What a fantastic weekend, both in the racing and venues, and the social aspect!

Big thanks extended to Simon/ Fiona for the use of their house Saturday night, and to Fiona for picking us all up 😬 😬 to Mark for chatting to the organisers to allow me to compete and most of all to Andy Nicholls for letting me share his car all weekend! *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

It really does show what a great bunch of friends we all seem to be *thumbup*

Dannyboy *tongue*

Yes ... we have many thanks too ...

Rob G, for loads of advice, etc *thumbup* ... and fixing the towing electrics

Jeff Smith for the champagne *hic* ... well done!!

Mark for having the right equipment *tongue* ... including plastic gloves!! *eek*

oh ... and thanks to Andy Nicholls for his number two 😳 *tongue*

Albeit Roland has a few more phonecalls to make this week ☹️ the journey home was pretty positive because, on reflection, we'd had a great weekend!! *smile*

Lynda

Edited by - WindyCat on 13 May 2007 23:09:01

Lynda! Great to see you two enjoying the weekend, and I'm pleased that on reflection the damage hasn't spoilt your weekend too much!

It'll be repaired and will look good as new! Main thing is, Roland isn't injured and nor was anyone else! Cars are replaceable!

Good luck with the repairs and the engine mapping! If there's anything I can do, let me know!

Dannyboy *tongue*

Thanks Danny *smile*- could be over-ambitious to get it all done in time for Curborough, but it won't be for lack of trying!!

(Thankfully Rol wasn't injured at the time, but he was limping once I'd finished with him!! *wink* *tongue*)

Lynda,Roland.

Sorry to hear you had an off *eek*, hope its not too bad.

Is it fixable for your next sprint?

Are you still able to get it down to Emerald today for mapping?

Danny,

Did Andy participate in the testing of Welsh hospitality at Simon and Fiona's?

He looked like he was suffering on Saturday morning.

Was it the Port after dinner?

Good luck with the week ahead *smile*

Good to see some friends again after the Winter break. Very pleased with the new car,Just need to learn how to use a six speed box 😳

Robin (Very pink tips)

• Leadership Team

A cracking weekend at Llandow and Llys y Fran. With the current vogue for setting up team names though, I think Tam and I are going to have to bag "Drowned Rat Racing".

Michael.

I think we were lucky to get 3 dry runs at Llandow, it seemed to shower just after we all went out, then dry up again for our class *smile*

All good fun, though the organisation of getting the cars out between runs seemed a bit slow at times...

I take it the hillclimb was very wet! Did you get FTD again RichardO? 😬 😳 *tongue*

yes top weekend, if slightly soggy

glorious sunshine all the way in England tho until monster downpour just before reading where I could no longer see the caterham on the trailer *eek*

massive thanks to Simon and Fiona for some great hospitatlity *thumbup*

Roland - glad to hear nothing more that a bit of bent metal *thumbup*

Llys-y-Fran - great venue except for the mivkey mouse very top section, with the water pouring out of the dam it was somewhat impressive, in the dry it would be superb... *smokin*

see you all at MIRA *wavey*

rob - about to unload his car *smile*

IIRC the class winners at Llys y Fran were as follows:

Class 1 - Richard Ormson

Class 2 - Dan 'Luverboy' Malkin

Class 3 - Jeff 'I've got Adrian in my pocket' Smith

Class 4 - Martin Sargeant

Class 5 - Paul Durrant

Simone

Looking for Luv

Simone

I can confirm the class winners are correct (in all aspects it would seem) I'll get them onto a spread sheet later and off to Rob.

Once again many thanks to you and your sister for everything you did over the weekend *thumbup* 😬

A great weekend of competitive motor sport and banter with friends.

Adrian

Well the car is on it's way Emerald for the mapping session, as there were no 'apparent' fuel leaks when the tank was filled this morning.

From there Rol's heading to Huntingdon tonight to drop it into Arch tomorrow, for collection on Friday ...

And Team Drowned Rat Racing have my full admiration for getting home in those conditions, the visibility and surface water was bad enough in a tintop!! 😶‍🌫️

Edit - A friend was at Shelsley yesterday - a number of single seater incidents there including one chap being air-lifted to Hospital ☹️

Edited by - WindyCat on 14 May 2007 13:38:28

Lynda - Glad to hear that all should be well for Curborough *thumbup*

We had an entertaining *tongue* drive home - and I have never been so glad of a hot bath and cold beer 😬 The good news is that Curborough is currently forecast to be dry *cool*

Tam

A founder member of Drowned Rat Racing *smile*

Edited by - Tam on 14 May 2007 15:30:29

Crumbs ... now wondering if it's premature getting the damage fixed so early in the season ...

initial word from the map session is that we now have 247 bhp and in excess of 8500rpm - which I must admit is pretty useful for the occasions when I miss 3rd gear and put it in 1st instead *eek*

Definitely need to get booked into the Malkin School of Motorsport now!! *tongue* 😬