Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vx 1.6 Engine

Pikelet

Hi all,

The time has come to sell my 8v Vx engine, following completion of the Zetec installation.

The Vx engine is the standard Minister 1.6L model (polished and ported etc) and still has its lead tags to indicate that it's never been apart, it's done just over 6.5k miles and i'm mechanically sympathetic - it's been looked after. It's nice and clean and it comes without any ancilliaries or the bellhousing but it will come with the following:

Caterham alloy sump

Inlet Manifold

Starter motor

Lightened Flywheel

Clutch

Exhaust Header pipes

I believe it could be worth anything up to £700. Before it goes on eBay, Is anybody interested in it or a chat about it?

Pikelet 😬

😬Good evening Squadron Leader .

The zetec is ballistic by comparison to the crossflow. My blatting pal has a beautifully sorted crossflow, complete with straight-cut 'box, his car is quick and has pedigree, but my Zetec installation is immaculate and modern looking (i did the work myself and used parts from Raceline and another of others), sounds fantastic and is very quick (Subaru couldn't escape the other morning). The Zetec is effortlessly powerful and torquey everywhere. Parts for the Zetec are desperately cheap; it's almost a disposable unit if you consider the number of them on the roads and the ease at which one can be acquired.

I'm throughly pleased with it and would do the conversion again tomorrow. The conversion will be easy peasy for you with your Ford by comparison to the Vx!

Mail me if you'd like any other info.

Pikelet