Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Wilwood brakes

I'm running them on my new westi busa using an old std caterham master cyl I had lying around. I'll let you know when I have more miles under my belt.. Had it's first run last week (test run) so cannot advise. SVA in 10 days time.

BUSA POWWWER

Simon, I looked at the Dynalites once but like many people found that the disc fouled the steering track rod end which would have meant machining the hub face to give the required clearance. Decided not to go that route and used HiSpec Racing 4 calipers. Did you have any problems like this?

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Some excellent feedback here guys, Thanks *wavey*

I took a look at the HiSpec as they offer a straight swap kit using OE disc etc, There's an interesting variation in total piston area between the Hispec 2 and 4 pot Caterham kits thoughI'll check the OE cast iron calipers bore size tonight for comparison, likewise I'll speck to Willwood and Alcon too.

*thumbup*

Too young to be old !

Harry, yes it is close but I put a washer between the steering arm and the uprignt at the two points where they bolt together which gave me an extra 0.040" clearance, enough for the disc to clear the track rod rubber. it is now no closer than the caterham set up

Simon