Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wipers

Chris F

My wipers are scratching my windscreen... anyone know of any quick fixes (apart from aeroscreens!) before I order new wipers... As I understand it they now sell different wiper blades/arms that stop this?

Chris

• Support Team

My old screen was a bit scratched by the wipers. New screen and new blades resolved the problem. If the scratches aren't too bad then you might be able to use glass polish to remove them and then fit new wiper blades.

I now use Rain X on my screen all the time and the wipers hardly ever need to be used.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

The new wiper arms have a twist in them which makes the blades sit more squarely on to the windscreen. However, I also have a set of blades (that were on my car when I bought it) that have a concertina type bit of rubber next to the blade holder. Even when the blades flip over this means that the metal does not touch the screen. However, I'm not sure these whizzy blades are a standard Caterham part? Maybe they are posh ones for a Mini or something? When I ordered the "new" arms from Caterham they were supplied with the duff, "scratching" blades. So I put the good blades on the new arms - bingo.