Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerful K's

Mr G

• Support Team

If you use second hand parts (block, VVC/MS2 head, crank, single tang rods) you could probably get a 230bhp engine for £6000-£7000. My 227bhp unit set me back around £6500. Specification is Scholar 1.9 EVO2 block, 82mm Pistal forged pistons, DVA ported VVC head (std VVC valves), Piper BP285H cams (retains hydraulic lifters), Jenvey DTHTBs, Bernard Scouse airbox, Caterham 4-2-1 exhaust system, Emerald ECU. It uses a standard crank and single tang rods and all reciprocating parts were balanced by Vibration Free. Peak power is just below 8000rpm, peak torque is 167lbft. If you used all brand new parts then you could easily spend over £12k.

From my specification you could go to solid lifters and wilder cams which would add a few hundred pounds to the cost but should get you up around 240bhp+, but you might then want to look at steel rods (£850ish?) and even a steel crank.

I have been tempted to go solid lifters in the search for more power but I think my engine is a good compromise - valve clearances don't need adjusting, top end refresh is not required and at less than 230bhp it isn't pushing the outer envelope of what the K can take. That said, it will need the slipper design pistons checking at some point - you could use Omega pistons to avoid this requirement.

Have a chat with Dave Andrews at DVA Power.

N.B. this was a couple of years ago so some prices may well have increased.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 9 May 2007 09:07:24

You could buy my 2.0l Duratec and all the necessary installation parts for £6,500-£7,500 (depending on the installation solutions you choose). You'd then have a bullit proof 226bhp and plenty of scope to upgrade to 260bhp and beyond if you wanted to in future. Should it come to a rebuild at some point all the internals, block and head are standard Ford so very cheap to replace *wink*

See For Sale Here

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here