Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Fan switch?

buroz

If it's the fan thermoswitch you're talking about its an old VW Polo part. Take it out & throw it away as it'll only fail again & again! Assuming you have an aftermarket ECU (Emerald, GEMS, etc) this can be programmed to switch the fan & you'll never have to worry again.

Mick

Hi Buroz.-Mine is an EU3 1600K model which the switch failed in France - I was lucky not to bugger the head gasket as the header tank split through the water getting very hot in a traffic jam. The replacement item was a VW part which has been ok since last August. Seems that there are better alternatives available but the reference on a spare that Caterham supplied is as follows:

823959481F also in brackets on the packet (819760) so not quite sure if one or both numbers apply and whether there might be different types for different models. Mike Hoile

THE part no that mike gave you is 823959481F is right for the eu3 16 and 18 k engines this is a vw part and also fited to polo passat golf audi 100 and audi 80

early models late 70s early 80s retails at £8.00 i wonder what caterham charge question.gif

it is also a stock item

fredid=blue> smile.gif

• 1 year later...

incidentaly dave21p,

you will see from my other thred "useful info for vx1600 owners" that there is an alternative part number available. this is the part number for a replacement unit made by Commercial Ignition (quinton hazell) and can be got in virtually any motor factors, inc halfrauds...

*thumbup*

ive been and got it now. "cut", and "paste" = Commercial Ignition (quniton hazell) XESF29

*smile*

Edited by - granteuk on 16 Apr 2004 14:04:51