Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Anyone got a wiring diagram for 1400K?

MartinWoodham

Specifically the wiring of the plug (8/9 leads) that connects the engine loom to the chassis loom?

On behalf of Nifty, who needs to connect a VHPD loom his mid-90's 1400..

CC don't seem to have one...

TIA

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B...anyone got a cheap LSD?

My 1994 1.4 K was supplied with a wiring diagram for what looks like a crossflow! I don't think Caterham got round to a wiring diagram for the "old" 1.4 until the late 90's.

My car was converted to a 1.6 in 2000 & James Whiting had great fun with the wiring.

The diagram in the build manual here is closeish except for the fuse layout & immobiliser.

However I would of thought it best to strip of the loom tape as far as possible & check the wire colours either side of the plug. This is what I did when I rationalised the engine bay wiring in my car fitting new connecting plugs along the way. Car electrics is not rocket science especially on a Caterham. Just work out what each wire does (the colour really tells you this) & plot it's path from origin to termination. Use a meter to confirm you've got continuity.

Pinouts for Mems etc: click on techy things, k series ecu pinout.here

*wavey* *idea* Just noticed halfway down this page: Instruments plug 1400 (1995)

from engine harness to chassis harness.

Edited by - Mick Day on 3 May 2007 12:12:31

Mick, you're a star. the instruments plug pinout shown is exactly what I wanted! *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

B*gger! Now I'll have to wire up Nifty's loom...... 😔

many many thanks 😬 😬

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B...anyone got a cheap LSD?