Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What sort of ECU is this identified but advice please

The Don

Further to my other thread about my ECU problem I've located and removed it but it doesn't give any clues about what type it is.

I've taken a couple of photos here and here. Can anyone please help identify it?

As far as I know it's the original ECU from a 1996 Vx 2.0 on Weber 45s.

Many thanks,

Howard

Edited by - The Don on 1 May 2007 10:20:38

Thanks, Peter.

I've just spoken to MBE who confirmed it is one of theirs - a type 905 apparently which is sadly unrepairable.

They suggest one of two routes: Caterham have an adapter harness for a newer ECU if I want to stay with the distributor, or SB Developments if I want a coil pack arrangement.

Any suggestions as to which is better, or am I better off trying to find a second hand 905?

Cheers,

Howard

Not repairable??? Why?

Unless the PCB itself is fried to bits and they don't have anymore, or it has something very exotic in it, and very unlike any other ECU I've seen, I can't imagine why you couldn't repair it.

A more cynical man than I might suggest that it's just easier and more profitable to sell you a new unit.....

I have an old MBE sealed system I took off my 1991 Vx challenge car if youre interested. It runs with a dizzy and single coil. Not sure if its identical to yours but could easily be fitted. Would only want about £60 and throw in dizzy, amp and coil if need.

Of course the ignition map is 2D with a rev limit of about 7200 rev/min.

Barry