Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Camping at Llys-y-fran

Martin S.

.....and my better half will be selling hotdogs on the day *tongue* (Got to pay for the upgrades somehow 😬)

Seriously Malcolm (or anyone else that's staying over) there'll allways be a beer or cup of Tea on the go and some spare charcoal in the boot *thumbup*

Class 4 Zetec *cool*

Mr Durrant....

Any more comments like that and you may be in no position to 'drive' your car that weekend due to 'wearing' your car from behind 😬 😬 😬

As for the car in the tent thing...well, it solves the problem of morning 'baling out the seat' syndrome....then the 'wet pant' syndrome for the remainder of the day *smokin*

Dannyboy *tongue*

I do hope for sunshine 😶‍🌫️ It's a long drive in the wet with no screen or roof ☹️ ☹️

Definately itching to go though, has been a while since I've been to Llandow....and Llys Y Fran sounds cool....well, if we can believe Mr Rogers slightly slurred commentary of how to drive it at our BBQ at Loton last year 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

In all seriousness we have a few options.

They are of course weather dependant. Team 7tips will be able to do either some or all of the above on the hike from Llandow to Llys y Fran.

1. You will all be passing my place (approx 500 yds from the A48)

2. I'm still 45 min from Llys y Fran and 45 min from Llandow.

3. BBQ

4. Drive on down later whilst i have a jar or 5 and go to bed.

5. You can all kip in the garden. Room for 3 tents. Clive is about 3 miles away and would have room for 5 more.

6. Really nice indian across the road from Clives place.

7. If its persistantly raining sod the tents and kip in my kids playroom. Plenty of room for all.

I guess the only thing we need to make up our minds about now is Indian or BBQ cos it will be a Saturday night and I need to book the Indian. (Clive has a seat there with his own name on it. *thumbup*

I've checked a couple of sites and they all seem to be coming up with the same thing.

So do we go for the BBQ?

If so we can do bring your own or I can provide via a local butcher a cook your own selection for a fee/person.

Fiona and I are at Llandow hence the cook your own.

UK Outlook for Sunday 6 May 2007 to Tuesday 15 May 2007:

Although the fine, warm weather looks like lasting into Sunday, more especially in the east, the emphasis for next week is on more unsettled and noticeably cooler conditions. Rain or showers will fall in most areas at times, probably quite heavy in parts of the north and west. However, further south and east, the rainfall may not be sufficient to make up for the recent very dry conditions. Temperatures will fall towards normal and with generally breezy weather it will often feel cool. Indeed strong winds or even gales may occur in the exposed north and west. Some drier and brighter spells are still likely between the rain and showers, with a hint of more in the way of dry and slightly warmer weather into the following weekend and beyond..