Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

SV engine out....

Unclefester

OK, The time has come for me to change the engines over on the SV.

The big question is this.....how easy is it to remove the engine leaving the gearbox and bellhousing in place?

What're the disadvantages of this?

There seems to be enough extra space under the bonnet of the SV to make it a possibility, so if it is possible I think I'd like to try it, but I'd appreciate any advice.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Ta Mav.

I'm in a quandary as I have a trackday at Pau-Arnos on 12 & 13th May....the SV is the car I want to use, but I'm still waiting for the loom and the Emerald, so I thought I'd use the TC car if the other isn't ready....only problem is it only has a normal Caterham Towelrail (chromed) not an FIA bar.....will I be allowed on the track even just for a trackday?

The SV is fully kitted, harness and bar with petty strut, but not much use if it has no engine in, or no loom or something......I'm running outta time!

As usual..... *mad*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Easy Nick. Just make sure you have a good crowbar or similar handy to aid splitting engine from gearbox.
Just leave the clutch cable connected till the final moment. Hand pressure on the clutch alone is enough to separate the engine from the bellhousing.