Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aintree.. thanks to everyone that helped..

rgrigsby

Back from a slightly more eventful day at Aintree than planned, lots of fun though and plenty of help from fellow L7Club sprinters to fix a few problems 😬

For those that were there at the end the engine is fine, it's definetly the oil pressure gauge that has died as the warning light is on a seperate sensor and it's going of as soon as the engine is reved 😬

I think Andy and myself both managed aronud 135mph across the line!! although he got there 2 seconds quicker 😳

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

Thanks from me as well, to Mark for organising, EMinW for walking the course and debriefing me which helped to knock 5 seconds off my time over the day, John for helping relieve the tedium of 2 hrs of the M6 each way, Tim and Russ for the support van and everyone else who I spoke to who helped make my first sprint a fantastic day.

I'll not go into the actual times, top speeds etc,lets just say there's plenty of opportunity for improvement!

Cheers

Captain Slow

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Heres the provisional results, please let me know if anything is wrong..

Class 1 Best time Top speed

80 Matthew Jenkins 53.50 123 mph

82 Richard Ormson 56.62 123 mph

81 Neil Fraser 60.34 123 mph

Class 2

84 Roger Cumming 53.06 123 mph

85 Malcom Hickey 53.12 123 mph

87 Colin Heseltine 53.29 123 mph

86 Robert Spencer 53.51 123 mph

Class 3

88 Jeff Smith 51.57 123 mph

89 Grahame Wardall 52.44 123 mph

90 Andrew Sagar 53.31 123 mph

Class 4

92 Martin Sargent 50.72 123 mph

91 Nigel Fox 51.23 123 mph

93 John Caldicott 54.90 123 mph

Class 5

94 Andrew Griffiths 46.06 123 mph

96 Mark Durrant 47.70 123 mph

95 Robert Grigsby 48.12 123 mph

I have the full results in an excel file for RobMar, but do not know the email address to send it to, any help? EDIT: Found email address, so dont worry!

Thanks all for a cracking day *smile*

Edited by - Mattj on 29 Apr 2007 16:37:31

• Support Team

A cracking days sprinting and the competition in class 2 was particularly tight (alas I was at the slacker end of it). 2 x practice, 4 x timed, sunshine, warm. A little different frm last year.

The organisation was very efficient even if it did all descend into a free-for-all for the last run.

Thanks for sorting it all out for us Mark.

I was particularly impressed with the Sierra Saphire that went through the speed trap at 137mph. Maybe not a standard car.

Rob

A cracking day and many thanks to the Liverpool Motor Club and everyone, including the marshalls, who made it possible *thumbup*

It was good to see Matt J posting a faster time than the Academy drivers and some close competition in classes 2 & 4. Driver of the day has to be Andy Griffith who can within 0.3secs of beating Graham Fords record for Aintree *thumbup*

Rob

I will send you an updated list of competitors, including novices this evening *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Paul,

Tools arrived, thankyou very much *thumbup*

Adrian, Rob thanks also *thumbup*

First time at Aintree and really enjoyed it (thanks Mark). Spent the whole of the back straight after beeches pinging the rev limiter 😳 change of diff me thinks for next year

Jeff