Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FIA rollbar on SV

dickbowyer

Did not realise FIA rollbar was de rigeur for trackdays ☹️ so failed to order on SV which has now entered build phase at CC. They say

they can't run the car back up the production line
to change presumably because they would need to undo rear shock absorbers to fix from below and that is a lot of work? 😔 My question is this. At 6' 1" with 33" inside leg with leather seats, will their rollbar bought as kit be high enough? If so will the rear boot cover need to be replaced and how much of a pain is it to fit the front Petty strut mounting if I do it myself? If the CC FIA rollbar is too low, what other options are there without taking out seat?

Dick

Awaiting Prisoner SUPERLIGHT SV R400......L7 SOY

Who did you talk to? Did you offer to pay the labour costs?

I'm not surprised that they will try to dissuade fickle mid-build changes, but it's not as if you're asking them to repaint it or change from the curvy dash to a standard one...

Trouble is, if you collect the car and decide to do it yourself (or pay someone to do it for you), you'll lose the price of the standard bar - can't imagine that there is any significant market for it.

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Dick,

Surprised they can't accommodate at build time. If they have offered to do this at 1st service, then I'd take them up on the offer, I Guss less than an hours work all told, although they should be able to sort it prior to initial collection / delivery. Check with Aftersales, I'm sure they would be happy to oblige.

May also be worth speaking with Tim on the phone, rather than via e-mail. The boot cover will probably need to be changed. It may aslo be worth thinking about the lowered floor...

• Area Representative

Can't imagine it will be much of a job. I haven't yet seen a factory built car where they have bothered to fit the small bolts under the shockers!!

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

www.lads7.co.uk

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

I haven't yet seen a factory built car where they have bothered to fit the small bolts under the shockers!!

Can't believe their build quality is not as per manual. I thought those bolts were important. Perhaps should have built this car myself like my last 7.

Thanks all for suggestions.

Dick

Awaiting Prisoner SUPERLIGHT SV R400......L7 SOY

Edited by - dickbowyer on 27 Apr 2007 06:38:20