Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

De-Dion chassis spotted on Ebay

k80rum

So he does.. The other looks to have a buy it now price. Well noticed about the front section mountings - 😶‍🌫️ it looks like both chassis have had the front section replaced and none of the mounting points are present. That's going to make them a bit pointless to most people unless they're prepared to lug them over to Arch and pay even more to get it sorted..

I suppose they're still quite a saving on a chassis but not quite the bargain they might seem.

That chassis with tubes missing isn't worth anything IMO. . . .it has no numbers (the pedal box and wiper motor bracket have gone), and it still needs a long front. (as the tubes need fitting in a jig).

I suspect it's the leftovers from a re-chassis where the original chassis (what we see here) has has it's bent front bodged up with some tube from B&Q.

The whole thing is bent at the rear driver side; look at the other items for sale and there are multiple photos where you can see the state of the "professional repair". It's basically a pile of tubes, not all of them in the right shape. The front end is missing all the cross bracing; you couldn't attach anything to it without it collapsing.

I wonder if the other chassis is in fact the front end of the same car, welded to a "new" back end 🤔

Death trap. *nono*

Alex McDonald

A loud 1700 SS

• Area Representative
Will also come with any of the aluminium panels that can be found

Oh cheers, you're a pal *confused* *rolleyes*

I do hope an over-optimistic replica builder doesn't get suckered by this, it's worth no more than its weight in steel, i.e. bugger all 😔

Crudders

Reply...Quote.' Hi,we believe that most of the items you mention are available with the chassis.if you would let us have a contact number we will ask our client to contact you so that receive all the information that you require. Thank you for your interest.@

I asked where all the suspension hangers were and the x members and front mounting points?

R500 260 BHP Mango Madness CAR NO-37