Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Passenger rides to support Charity at Cadwell

sjmmarsh

I auctioned a day of passenger rides at a charity event last year and the winner of the auction particularly wants to go to Cadwell. I have secured a Blue session for Monday.

I am hopeful that they will be able to blag rides in some of the other cars there, to give them a view of what different types of 7s are capable of; any takers?

Will the fact that she is 19 and drives a Cooper works S make a difference to the uptake? Red (slick) sessions should be no problem for her.

Martin P has already said yes - any others?

Steve

No problem. I'll be there with the missus (her first time coming to a track day) but if other people are happy to take her out in the afternoon then I'll have a spare seat. I'll be the black supersport, but more easy to spot as the slowest person in the red session!

Simon

Thanks for the offers guys. I'll try and pick you out early in the day. She is coming over around 10am as passenger rides are not allowed on the first session.

I have a cadbury purple SV (C7RSV) and am 6'4", so not hard to miss!

Steve

Many thanks to Martin, Chris and Neil for giving Sarah a passenger ride. She enjoyed all of them (despite being half petrified at times) and commented on the different lines and driving styles each of you had. Apparently the best bit of advice I had given her on my stint was the purpose of the cones around the track - this gave her confidence that you did know where you were headed, despite looking like you were headed off the track!

Delbert & Pierre - sorry that we didn't get round to you.

Steve

It was my pleasure Steve. As we said, it was a little bit slower along the straights but compensated by being a bit more stable round the corners. She was as good as gold and hardly moved, only thing I noticed was a slight shuffle the first time we went into the fast left-hander at the end of the start / finish straight. Good to meet you too and hopefully we'll meet up again in the future.