Click here if you are having website access problems ×

o/t High end tonearm

Pelico

As my toddler is now big and sensible enough to be trusted with it in the room, I am going to get my aged LP12 oout of its box, serviced and set-up again.

I do fancy a tonearm upgrade, I am watching a few Ittoks on ebay, but I know there a few hifi buffs on here. If you have something of interest that is gathering dust let me know.

Cheers

Peter

Nice deck. I have an SME 3009 but I think you deserve better. Linns and SMEs are not ideal partners, the mass is wrong.

I recommend a unipivot, the Ittok is nice (good as an Ekos at a fifth of the price?) *wink* but the Aro if budget permits or if you can find one a Mayware, Hadcock or (I have one and it's not for sale 😬) a Notts Analogue Omega Point. These last are like rocking horse droppings.

Good choices all. What cart?

Plan to get a new cart too. At the moment it has a Linn k18, although my favourite was on old Audio Technical moving coil, can't remember the model number now.

I have not looked in the HiFi press for about 18 years (god that makes me feel old...I am only 40), so I have no idea what cartridge to go for. I will probably see what arm I end up with and trust a dealers recommendation *eek*