Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MSA Licences - are there problems at the MSA ?

Graham Perry

Has anyone had problems getting their new style photo licence yet ?

I applied 5 weeks ago and have heard nothing. My brother applied a couple of days before me and was sent yesterday a short term temporary paper licence which very handily runs out the day before MIRA ☹️ The MSA didn't explain why only a temporary licence has been issued.

Has anyone heard anything ?

I had the same problem, with the temporary one which took 7 weeks to arrive there was a note saying that they were experiencing delays producing the new credit card licence but that it would be with me before the expiration of the temp licence. The credit card one arrived 10 days later.

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

There were certainly problems just after christmas - about a two week backlog at the photocard printers, plus the usual MSA processing period. No doubt it got longer as the bulk of applications arrive in January & February.

You're in good company though: some of the Clerks don't have their licenses either! Now that could get tricky *tongue*

R

Edited by - RichardO on 18 Apr 2007 08:37:19

Guys,

RichardO is correct - get your applications in before Christmas! I have had both my CofC and competition licence for months too...

I know when I went to a Clerks seminar a month or so ago that there was talk of problems at the photocard licence production house - the licences are done in batches apparently.

Brian

• 5 weeks later...

I still haven't got my licence so rang the MSA again today to ask what is going on as my temporary licence ran out two days ago and I need one for MIRA next week *confused* ☹️

I have to say fair play to them as they have identified the problem with my card and that it is going out to me mid next week. In an amazing piece of joined up thinking that one does not always associate with the MSA they realised that postage of said plastic photo card might be an issue in time for MIRA, so they tell me that in addition they have also put in the post this morning another temporary licence just in case the plastic one doesn't turn up in time. *thumbup* 🥰 *thumbdown* 🥰

Edited by - Graham Perry on 18 May 2007 12:10:47

Well I feeling a lot better and I was thinking about sending off for mine so is the current wait 5 weeks as WindyCat posted 🤔 I like to do even one event this year.... 😔 😔 😔

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.

Bilbo - as soon as you've sent it, chase them ... I sent mine on a Monday (in hope of it being turned around in time for an event the following Saturday 😳 ) they couldn't do it, without me paying a premium for a 4 day turnaround *eek* , which I declined ( the fine for not having a licence at the event was cheaper!!) but I received the actual licence within a week of the temporary one ... and I'm sure it was 3 weeks max ... I'm very surprised they haven't got the sub-contractor probs sorted by now ... *mad*

Hi WindyCat

Cheers

Been off line the last few day after reloading my computer it failed again software problem...

Well I post it soon need to get the car sorted thats say 3 weekends away after I finish the work on the house ☹️

The car should only be a 3 day job...... was waiting till it was running again then again no reason why i should not post it now

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.