Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spare Motor

Blade Runner

5hp auxilary outboard motor 😬 not much use for a seven but great for a Rib, fishing boat etc

Evinrude twin cylinder, two stroke, complete with fuel tank, line and user manual. About 15yrs old formally used as auxilary on a small sailing boat ( can't spell yaught).

I bought it as an auxilary for my Rib a month or two ago but its to big to fit in the locker *mad*so £225 ovno or swap for a 4hp Johnson or similar

Too big to post so collection only

I live on the central south Hants coast for those interested.

Trevor *cool*

PINK and Proud and LOUD

Steve

Are you looking at new or second hand, generally the internet will access both sites for new and SH.Search for "boats and boating.com" and "appolloduck" are two of the largest SH boat sites. Follow the menus to RIBs or use the Key word box.The range of SH boats will give you a guide to the number of manufacturers out there.If you are after new take the links or seach for there names.

You are a little late for the London Boat show and a bit early for the Southampton one.

My advise would be if buying new or SH look at a range of sizes and makes as layout and quality vary considerably, if going SH same applies as the amount of use and exposure to the elements this type of boat gets makes a great difference to condition.

The other big factor is the engine, much the same applies, age, condition, useage and of course service history. Economy may also effect your choice. You can easily go through £50+ of petrol in an hour.

There are dedicated geberal Rib sites "Rib net.com" is one IIRC it also has a forsale section.

Best of luck

Trevor *cool*

PINK and Proud and LOUD

Thread hijack.... 😶‍🌫️markc there's a massive gap in the market for inboard, 4 stroke 3.50 to 4.00 mtr ribs with jet propulsion (A properwaterjet, not a jetski one!) weighing under less than 400 or 500kg for tenders to 60 - 90ft motor yachts. We're struggling to find anything at the moment. We have a Avon sport 400 with two stroke Yamaha engine, and crappy jetski pump. A new 4 stroke one is on order, but Avon have such a backlog that they can't tell us when delivery will be.

The only options at the moment, that I know of, are Avon, Zodiac, and Williams, they're all crap! *eek*

A decent tender over here would sell like hot cakes!

Sorry about the hijack 😳

Semper in excreta solum profundum variat.