Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intercom

WillPaul

I've been thinking about getting an intercom system for my windscreen-less superlight. Does anyone else have one of these? Paul Freeman's barmy slick-shod R500 seems to have a Peltor system, but the Demon catalogue seems to be quite vague about what bits & pieces you need for what (making costing a bit challenging without an advisor). Does anyone have any experience of these or other systems? Any advice or other comments gratefully received.

Cheers

Will

I put in a Terraphone about 4 years ago. This is the only one that is powered from the car battery, the rest (Peltor included) need an adapter.

Depending on the car seats, you can either mount it between the seats or in the boot. If you hook the power to the accessory position on the ignition switch it will go on/off automatically. Otherwise, feed it off the 'reverse' lights which are permanently powered.

I would suggest that you go for the 'Professional' headsets and amp as these have noise cancelling facilities. If you want to be smart, Terraphone do a Peltor plug-compatible amp, so you can use a cheap amp and expensive headsets.

Will,

My Peltor intercom needed the adapter in order to run from the car electrics and also an additional box so I can communicate with other cars via a motorola walkie talkie and plug in a mobile phone.

I can thoroughly recommend this set up as it has proved faultless in all kinds of situations - the best one leading a convoy of 6 sports cars over the alps using a push-to-talk button on the steering wheel giving oncoming traffic information to the cars behind to overtake frightened locals !!

If you want the exact specification drop me an email.

Cheers,

Paul.

Edited by - pfreeman on 17 Jul 2000 15:42:07