Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tidy 7, 10k or less

PeteS

I've converted a friend after taking them for a passenger ride! He now wants to buy a 7 and is learning as much as he can about them. Being a first timer he is understandably cautious and feels more confident going to a dealer.

So next week he will probably be test driving a Caterham and a Westfield (he's noticed how much cheaper they are). He's not an L7C member yet, but has started doing some reaserch on here... I don't know much about Westies (but have nothing against them) so can't help him there but have said if he finds something in particular we can look at the pro's and con's of particular specs.

Being a newbie he also wants to play quite safe and not looking to set any 0-60 records - therefore probably looking for something newish, probably K powered (inj rather than carbs), Classic or entry level Roadsport (or equiv) and easy to maintain (he's not a grease monkey).

If he's going to buy private, he'd feel safer with something with some sort of known history - thats were you lot come in - anyone got/know of anything that fits the spec?? I've lent him this months Lowflying so that he can look through the classifieds (and all the other interesting stuff of course)...

Likewise with Westie's, given the above - anything recommended to go for or stay away from?

Thanks 😶‍🌫️