Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald on VHPD

allegro

I've just changed my MEMs for the emerald unit. It is mapped for a 1.8 VHPD Caterham as is my engine. The mapping was originally for Nigel Marsden V7 SLR I believe.

Anyway it is very lumpy and chugs along between 1.5 and 4K revs misfiring. At 4K upwards it seems quite happy and is an improvement over the Rover map. Has anybody got any idea where I should start looking. The throttle bodies are balanced and the IACV is set to 53.

Andy Mac

teeth.gif Team Langoustine. Hard Core Prawn. See you at LeHoux teeth.gif

Try marking the injection map grid from 1.5K to 4K and upping the fuelling by 10%, if it makes it worse, then bring the fuelling down to original and then down by 5%. See if that yields an improvement, if neither makes it any better, get it down to Emerald.

Oily

Ahem... MarsTON if you don't mind. smile.gif

As Mr Hands said, try messing with the fuelling. The other thing, what have you done with the MAP hoses? Have you blocked them off or have you still got the MEMS installed with the hoses attached to that?

Did you set it up properly with the throttle pot? Er, what else...? Does it still run OK on the MEMS (or at least as well as it ever did)?. If it does, and messing with the fuelling up and down, then I'd get it to Emerald ASAP. I'm not sure what map they gave you but my last one was for adjusted cam timing and I was making 200bhp. If you've got standard cam timing ask them for Steve Butts' original VHPD map... er... I may have it too. Yes, I've got SB6.fig which is (I think) an unmolested Steve Butts VHPD map. Email me direct and I'll send it off to you.

Thanks for the advise.

Before I mess with the fuelling, I will try the unmolested VHPD map.

Mr Marston I will email direct.

Andy Mac

teeth.gif Team Langoustine. Hard Core Prawn. See you at LeHoux teeth.gif