Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell today?

Richard Price

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great weekend! Dad and I had a great time and will certainly be back for more.

Thanks to all for being so friendly, Matthew Jenkins for giving us something to aim for and those that helped sort our wheel bearing issue *redface*

Will the full results (ie not just L7C) be published anywhere? It would be nice to have a printout. And were there any photographers there that put piccies on the web?

See you all at Curborough *smile*

The wheels still need another quick polish Mark but rather than do that I've had a look at the data and compared it to last years.

Last years course was 3,111M or at least the line I took was 😳 this years was 3,031M so that's a reduction of 80 M.

Last year I crossed the line @ 94mph and this year @ 88mph. Assuming an average of 91mph between the two points thats 147kph or 40.83 M/sec so 80M will take 1.96 seconds longer to cover.

That's for a class 3 car, quicker cars will obviously take a little less time and slower ones a little more.

If I'm talking out of my 🙆🏻 please say so but it's the best my little brain can manage.

Simon, I'll mail you a PDF of the plots shortly.

Adrian

A great day at Cadwell, good to see everyone again and lots of sunshine *thumbup*

Even by cheating and doing the track day on the friday I was still sh1te at the sprint

Cant blame the car, just dont seem to have mastered proper circuits, methinks not enough bottle 😳 or as simon rogers said "your just not near enough to the edge Jeff" 😳 🤔

Took some piccies on the day here if anyone wants a high res copy of themselves drop me a email and ill return. (sorry, but a couple of westy's might have sneaked in)! Also taken out a picture of the cute bunny seconds before it jumped onto the track and got squashed

by a Porche ☹️

Edited to add bunny here

Jeff

Edited by - Jeff S on 17 Apr 2007 22:30:46

Yes simon, hall bends and then leading to hairpin, I think the others are looking up at mansfield. My daughter and boyfreind took the track photos, I said to them if it looks like a caterham then snap it, hence the few westys 😬 They also took pictures of flowers and about 50 of each other *confused*

Also, would be interested if any class 2 or 3 guys could tell me what speed they managed to achieve along the two straights... I know I was too slow around the corners, but I dont think the car was that fast in a straight line 🤔

Jeff

Oh no ☹️... that must've been the bunny that was on the track on my first practice ... flippin porsche drivers *tongue*... I slowed down, avoided it and checked in my mirror to see if it was all right 😳

I think i saw 6000 rpm (2 shift lights) in 6th along the start and finish straight (15 inch Stunners) then it was long brake and change down to 4th for a steady run up the hill, being a 1600cc my dad's car does not have all the torque of these 1800cc engines *wink* 😬

the data logging on my runs in adrians car vs his runs show how much of a wuss I was in some areas, and how much time was lost, bloody data loggers 😳 *tongue*

but i like to think about it has not ragging the nadgers of his car *wink*

shows about (only got the pdf graph) about 106 down the back straight and about 102 on the main straight, adrian was a couple of mph faster...

rob

Look at my data logging on the 7tips web site here

Looking on the analysis software I was 115 + on the way in and 101mph at the change in direction on the lateral g.

At peak g of 1.5 speed was 103mph

Last years readings on ACB's were very similar but Kumho's seem to give grater consistency and a smoother g force curve.

Adrian I can confirm that speed across the line was 98.5mph

I agree Niel ! Wish I had got around to dry sumping mine as I had planned over the winter 😔

Thanks for the info guys... my poor little roadsport only does 105mph before the rev limiter kicks in *mad* and it didnt kick in at Cadwell ☹️ Still, the figures you are talking about in terms of G's and cornering speeds are phenominal 😳 I take my hat off to you all and promise to try harder 😶‍🌫️

Can anyone provide a link to any info on these data logging thingies please, dont know if it would help, might just depress me further

Jeff

Jeff - although depressing to see yourself against others it is good to see exactly where you loose time, and hence where to push, plus also as a comparison for runs..

your 105 limiter in 6th sounds not what I would expect, i know your rev range is lower with the x-power but sounds odd, plus there are few places where this speed is done, besides longcross (whihc we don't go to) not sure where else we get that fast, do we at MIRA?

rob

Thanks Adrian *thumbup* would be v interested to have a look at Llandow *biggrin*

Rob, your right about the limiter coming in so low, Ill check the speedo settings again but the acceleration has been much improved since fitting the 6 speed box with a 3.92 diff although this of course has lowered the top end. very suited to sprint circuits and hill climbs but probably not to the larger circuits with my reduced rev range.

will go out with tom tom tonight (on private road of course...thankyou Dan!)and see whats what *thumbup*

Jeff