Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell today?

Richard Price

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm knackered so staying with my dad so can report the following in class 2....

Mr Herring Jr won class 2 with a 92.4 second run...the boy is mad 😬 (see comment below)

I came second with a 93.1....and I was mad as a box of frogs..hence the comment above! Must get rid of the massive understeer I seem to have developed though!! Need to scrub the tyres in methinks!

Mr Sankey brought his new car in to a gallant third place with a mid 94s run!

Fantastic day, fabulous weather....great to be back amongst the banter and fun!!! 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

Nothing to worry about Richard - I just decided it was time to change the colour of the car- honestly 😬 😬 The rest of it is much the same really.................

Didn't do me much good though! That young Kipper was on a mission (I blame his parents - you know who you are *biggrin* *biggrin*) - I have no idea how he managed to get a 92.4 - his previous run was 93.18 ( I think) which matched Danny's third, cheating, practice run - and I was impressed by that. Some drive!

The new colour must have had some effect though as I was less asleep than usual in the practice runs and I was pleased to have closed the gap to Danny a bit compared to last year, but even though he had a whole paddock full of mechanics to help, he still just moaned, and moaned about how bad the handling was. It was a great day though and really go to see the old and new faces.

Mike

Adrian kindly recorded all the times which he his going to forward to Rob who will put them up on the website in due course.

However, from memory the class winners were as follows:

Class 1 - Matthew Jenkins

Class 2 - Rob Herring

Class 3 - Adrian Williams

Class 4 - Paul Forster

Class 5 - Simon Rogers

Class 6 - David Brown

When competing at Cadwell they divide us into two classes up to 1700cc and over 1700cc, so we are up against other championships including the Westfields.

In the up to 1700cc class Adrian Williams took second and there were also awards for Rob Margel, Rob Herring and Michael Calvert. These were large classes so there were awards for 1st - 6th.

In the over 1700cc class Simon Rogers took first, Paul Gibb second and I managed third with David 'Mr Happy' Nelson also picking up an award.

The day ran alot smoother than last year and we even had a flying visit from Jonathan Palmer who was obviously checking out the performance of the Khumo's *tongue*.

I would also like to congratulate Clive McCall and Kevin Evans of 7 Tips Racing on a promising debut however, they are a bit lightweight when it comes to the night before imbibing and both disappeared for an early night, so there is definitely room for improvement *tongue*

See you at Aintree *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

An absaloutely cracking day yesterday which everybody seemed to enjoy. Had never driven at Cadwell before but its a brilliant circuit with plenty of tyre squealing opportunity to get rid of that hardened winter rubber! Good to see all the old lads and very nice to meet the Willoughbys in class 1, who looked to be having a great time *smile*

Class 1 pace currently in the low 97's, a good 4 and half off the class 2 best so maybe a little improvement available there, who knows!

Didnt notice any significant l7c incidents so thats good news, went home happy with a roasted face! (Thanks to Lynda Preece for the wave on the way back 😬)

That young Kipper was on a mission

Perhaps the fact that I told him that he can only drive if he wins might have had something to do with it 😬 *wink*

It was lovely to see everyone again and I enjoyed a relaxing day in the sunshine as a spectator *cool*

Congratulations to all the winners *thumbup*

Mrs K

Great to see everyone! My 'mechanics team' enjoyed the day too and remarked how much fun we all seem to have and how friendly it all was! he even asked how Mr Price was.....(it was my dad richard!)

And...handling needs sorting....I don't like not being able to be exhuberant with oversteer....Only thing I've changed is new tyres...need scrubbing methinks, and camber settings to the 'apparently correct?? 2.5 degrees' at front...think I'm gonna revert back to older settings of less camber and scrub in the tyres with a few donuts 😬 😬 😬 😬

Amusing moment yesterday with Mrs Kipper it seems....My father and my stepbrother were chatting to each other as they were watching from different parts of the track and mentioned Roberts superb time...Mrs K thought we were so professional my crew were reporting the time to me 😬 😬 😬Mrs K....you should know me better than that 😬 😬 😬 😬

Dannyboy *tongue*

*smile*cracking day, many many thanks to adrian for letting me use his car, by the end of the day i was getting used to it and the course, but still some way back (plenty of excuses... 😳)

apologies to Mr McCalvert for protesting my resultings and getting 5th and hence him down to 6th 😳, although we got exact same times, and got it on count back.

As Marrk says I think out of the 6 in each of the classes we got at least 8 of those places, and the under 1700 class included bike engined boys (yet amother excuse)...so not a bad haul for the club.

Lets hope we go back and the weather just as good *cool*

Well at least the lack of pit crew can be your excuse in future Dan ... instead of some highly unbelievable fantasy about the driver in front being too slow *nono* *tongue* 😬

And another *wavey* to matt

Video of my final run now on the 7tips website 7tips

click on the Cadwell page.

Data and that picture of the map reading Westy later!

Data and "The News" now updated.

I don't have access to last years data at present and am therefore unable to work out exactly how much shorter the track was.

Adrian?

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 16 Apr 2007 19:43:56