Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump catch tank options

Nifty

Does anyone know of a catchtank that would fit into my charcoal cannister bracket (110mm diameter)?

Seems to make more sense to try to use this than fit one in somewhere else less convenient.

(I'm using a Caterham bell housing tank).

I know I could butcher a plastic bottle or something but just wondered if there was an off-the-shelf solution at a reasonable price.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Edited by - Nifty on 15 Apr 2007 15:54:06

Ah, good idea Mick, though a little small on diameter I'd have thought.

Anyway, I've had a change of idea.

I bought an old style washer bottle and bracket and I think I'll mount that on a purpose built frame in front of the heater, or beside the Emerald (since it is a lot smaller than the MEMS that has been removed.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

• Leadership Team

Nifty, I originally had my catch tank mounted near the heater but found the fumes vented from the catch tank to be very unpleasant (I think they're actually carcinogenic also!). Relocated to the crucifix in front of the engine - less convenient but much more pleasant *thumbup*

Stu.

I just took one of those cylindrical shaped CBS tanks (pictured in link posted above) off my car. It leaked oil out of the unions for the little 'sight glass' tube, the angle of the pipes on it made the hose from the dry-sump 'tower' rub the underside of the bonnet and it weighs a whopping 750g

Reverted to traditional transluscent plastic screenwash bottle, side entry pipe through wall of bottle and vented through cap to pipe which ends just below the passenger floor. Very good function and super light. *thumbup*

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

• 5 months later...