Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell (Friday 13th) Not for the Superstitious

Paul Gibb

I was at Cadwell today getting in some sneaky practice on the Kumho's *wink* (Big *thumbup* to Mel Williams for the tyres and *thumbup* *thumbup* to Tony & Caterham for separating the old ears and carriers when both I and the local garage had failed - destroying several allen keys in the process 🙆🏻). Although I am still struggling a little with my 'new' radial setup the Kumho's feel at least as sticky (although less durable) than the ACB10's they replaced.

On to the Friday 13th superstition bit: *evil*

Offered no.13 at signing on & politely declined 😳. I needn't have bothered!!

Borrowed several expensive tools to torque my rear hubs and promptly broke most of them *redface*.

Final run of the afternoon flat chat along Park straight, clutch pedal felt spongy changing down for Park and then went nearly to the floor changing down into Goose Neck *mad* Literally flew across the apex in neutral before finding a gear and executing a monster high speed spin to the inside *eek*.

Bell housing contains clutch fluid & as yet I don't know whether this has come from a union (potentially fixable tomorrow 😬) or from the piston itself *cry*.

Is this bad luck or what?

Edited by - paul gibb on 13 Apr 2007 23:00:48

Edited by - paul gibb on 13 Apr 2007 23:01:55

Edited by - paul gibb on 13 Apr 2007 23:04:57

Edited by - paul gibb on 13 Apr 2007 23:19:16