Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cadwell - about to NOT drop out

robmar

Rob

I have the contact details for Karen Webber at home and can email them to you this evening. However, I think this can be done and with two evenings and Saturday morning to get this fixed there is no reason why you should not be ready in time for Sunday. I am happy to come across on Saturday morning to give you a hand.

I have never tried to replace the thermostat with the dry sump pump in place but I would start by removing the the thermostat housing and changing the stat with the housing out of the car.

If you do not have enough space you could remove the four bolts holding the dry sump pump to the cradle, take off the belt and see if by moving the pump gives you sufficient access. The other alternative is to remove the plenum but to do this you will need a new gasket.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Edited by - Mark Durrant on 12 Apr 2007 09:10:53

Rob

I am at work so cannot access my L7Club email so email my profile. If you need a thermostat call Redline (01883-346515) and get them to pop one in the post today although you should be able to get one from any motor factors. Unfortunsately Borough 19 do not have reserve list for Sunday and it is too late to get a refund so getting your car fixed is the best option *thumbup*

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

Mark,

I was joking! 😬 😬

Probably won't be back from exhaust place until early afternoon anyway. I'm hoping that the roller barrels will be set up enough out of the box for the car to run or a sorts, and that Steve G will be able to help with fine balancing at the rolling road session....

Rob

You can run without a thermostat but it will mean that your car will take longer to warm up, will not be as efficient and will therefore not be good for your carbon footprint 😬. Personally, I would order one and fit it esprecially as it is not a five minute job to change or alternatively you could fit a thermostat housing in the top hose like myself and Simon Roger's.

Mark D

Comp Sec *cool*

having an oil temp gauge it takes ages to warm up anyway (not the coolant) and I guess it will take even longer...

as for carbon footprint I left some carbon wing in the rhododendrums last year so should be covered *tongue*

I will take a peek at your setup at cadwell maybe *smile* and copy that as it seems a sensible way to go *thumbup*

rob

Just got in to the office but Mark had already spoken to me regarding this one.

Do just as mark said Rob.

But I have done this more than once with the pump in place and have the scars to prove it. That is why I changed to the QED set up.

Rob the job itself is simple just bloody awkward.

Undo the engine mount bolts so that you can jack the engine up a couple of inches. Makes a big difference. Then with a long extension and another long flexi extension on a 1/4 drive you can reach the back of the housing. Remove the offending item and cut its guts out. Replace. If the car is running that cold on the weekend I have some Duct Tape *smokin*

Then you have time to do the QED bits without having to go back to the stat housing. You do not want to do this more than once *evil*

If you run out of time on Saturday then I'l be at Cadwell for Sat evening to assist with my other Team Members and Support Crew 😶‍🌫️

Many thanks to all those who have offerred help to get my car running for saturday, however personal circumstances meant it was going to be tough for me...

but Adrian has kindly volunteered to let me share/drive his car *thumbup*

so at least now I can try a properly tweaked 1600K witht hat extra 10 hp over mine *tongue*

see you all at the weekend *thumbup*

rob *cool*