Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Cycle wings - Re attaching

Simondann111s

At a Donington trackday a couple of weeks back I had one of the front cycle wins blow off. Managed to recover it from the track, and I'm now looking for the easiest way to re attach it.

It was glued on with a rubber type adhesive, presumable sikaflex. Ive cleaned the gunk off and was wondering if I could simply fiberglass it back on? Would the heat (I always get the mix wrong) effect the paint finish at all?

Anyone have experience of this method. I've been though the archive, but to be honest I was looking for a quick fix with what I have here, so I can get out in the car whilst the suns still about....

Mine were fixed with fibreglass and I refitted one with fibreglass when it blew off. No sign of heat damage but it was an 🙆🏻 to fit and at some point I put my sticky hand on the wing and left resin stuck to the gel *rolleyes*

If you do a proper job they stay on OK.

Mine are also on with a Marine adhesive and have been for years It is actually possible to lift the front of the car [engineout] with my wings. Secret is absolute cleanliness and liberal application encasing the stay. *thumbup* 😶‍🌫️

jj

N.I. L7C AR.

Membership No.3927.