Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Detached Wishbone

Shoots U Sir

Already sorted this but just wondering if its happened to anyone else *confused*

Nut holding offside lower wishbone to wheel assembly loosening itself and falling off my SV *thumbdown* Luckily only at about half a mile an hour on Dobbies car park off the A5, had been doing some considerably higher speed 5 mins previous *nono*

Anyway this is really a thanks and promotional to Ian at RJ Motors (also off the A5 nr Brownhills) who came to rescue with locktite, also replaced a splitting fuel pipe and gave the car a good check over as both he and his brother build various kits including a Robin Hood and some trials type buggies. Just suggesting he might be useful at MOT time and maybe for tyres although I haven’t managed to get back to him on that yet.

03 S3VC 184

The only time I've known this happen was when they wern't torques up properly. And yes they should be a half height nyloc. It could be that a normal nut was fitted & in this case could come undone. I'd be checking all the other suspension fasteners to check that all is well.

Hello, thanks for replies.

Yes it was a nylok and yes had the car checked over but nothing else was loose, actually went for a blat west to Newtown and back to Walsall today 😬 (apparently still un spotted in my Silver SV ☹️ sorry thats another forum *redface*)

Any general retailers sell the plastic covers for the said errant nut? as mine split when it came off *mad*

03 S3VC 184