Click here if you are having website access problems ×

50th anniversary - WHEN are people going

Boonie Hound

OMFG

I've just looked up where this place is

I thought I lived in the east of England but the 50th is 2 hours away so poor old (young) Davis Jnr can no longer come as it'd involve literally 8 hours of driving for me on Saturday with 2 hours on Friday and Sunday

Just as well they dropped the charge for children to attend

Ah well you live and learn

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WC

He lives 4 miles from me, in fact he lives 4 miles nearer to Norfolk that I do

If I take him up on Friday afternoon with me he'll no doubt have had enough before mid morning on Saturday and as you all know a moaning Davis of any age is not a nice thing to have around

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

• Area Representative

Paul

There are still lots of people to see: old friends to meet again, friends you have yet to meet - you might even find some shedders (closet and open) 😳. For me the Club is far more about the people than anything else, the cars merely provide the link.

This cancellation is really unfortunate, as I thought that on Sunday everything was happening at Hethel and now there may well be no focus to the day. Were you going to sprint?

GJT Crossflow

524 returning from Arch - corrected

Yep, I was going to the sprint and had originally booked the day off to go the track day on Friday too in both cases as a snapper rather than a driver

I've asked the question upstairs whether those folk who are not on the factory tour can still go to the factory for the other activities as I'm not sure how planned attendance at the Sprint (for which there didnt seem to be a limit) lined up with attendance at the other stuff (which seemed to be limited to those who had got their name on a list)

Paul

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

• Area Representative

Hmmm

Not sure how interesting factories are if you are not being given the official tour. I am going and hope to get some interesting info (not sure why but I booked a long time ago)

For the life of me I fail to understand why people appear to wet themselves about visiting Arch (which they do seem to) - it is remarkably like the place I started work when we were making theatrical lighting equipment.

GJT Crossflow

Boonie, the police don't like having their picture taken while they arrest an attempted car thief *tongue*

GJT no cameras are allowed into the factory - I expect they will want everyones phone off them too - and it is still only people with a booked space who can get inside the factory

I may just go out onto the informal blat route early on and grab some action shots of Caterhams moving otherwise it will just be Lotii which is a great selling opportunity for Lotus and sadly not for Caterham

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Edited by - Paul Davis on 13 Sep 2007 10:27:40

I'm not surprised you are p1$$ed off, as all your snapping opportunities have been removed...

It's a huge disappointment to those that wanted to compete GJT and particularly a massive blow to those who needed their points at Hethel to count towards the Championship, but you don't hear them crowing on about it.

Notably those who had showed their support and had actually entered, were notified by email ... the *mad* one's now demanding an official announcement weren't so vocal back when there was a thread requesting entries because the event was in jeopardy due to lack of support!!

Mark has gone to every painstaking effort to make this event happen and I think you should close thread now you have your answer PD, before someone makes an idiot comment that really would not be rightly deserved.

I've just read that back and it may 'sound' be a little more tetchy than I intended ... however I'm more than a little annoyed that, for the first time this year, my race numbers have arrived before an event .... oh ... and I'm due on *tongue* *rolleyes*

But seriously PD, Mark don't deserve any sh*t over this!!

Edited by - WindyCat on 13 Sep 2007 12:01:29

• Area Representative

Ah well Windycat, now there more time sitting in the sunshine. less strain on the car, lower blood pressure, no OTT heart-rate...

I'm still looking forward to it and my phone doesn't have a camera in it anyway.

GJT Crossflow