Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Anyone Tried Supertrapp Silencers?

Steve Day

Steve

A friend of mine used one, it worked fine to start with but then wrecked the silencer as it was creating too much back pressure. The silencer was a re-packable one and it just forced the exhaust gases out of the joins in the can. His engine builder went ballistic when he mentioned it.

Nick

Thanks all...I did a track day last year and had to do the backing off technique - it worked OK but did affect overall lap times...later in the day my 1900k engine blew up, so a bit frustrating. *redface*

take the point about extra back pressure - don't fancy this too much!

coyote - it's an 1800 k - tuned / DHTBs etc (209 bhp). Static for hill climbs is usually around 98...so it is a bit touch and go!

cheers! *thumbup*

I would imagine if you have a decent can you might be OK if you static test at 98; my 1.6VX Grads car was around 98 static and only once did I have an issue at Bedford and that was a very cold day and I was hooning rather excessively! 😬

Backing off at Bedford is easy IMO as the meters are very easy to spot and I don't think it compromises the driving in the same way as the noise meters at Goodwood which are just where you'd want to accelerate hard. No timing allowed on trackdays so it shouldn't be an issue *smile*

The last time I was there in December they were offering a drive-by 'testing' area so if you're concerned you could nip down there on someone else's trackday and give it a go; I'm sure the MSV people would be happy for you to do so *thumbup*