Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Red Top 25 Varley battery

edmandsd

Either you're getting an even lighter one or you've found it's not man enough for your high compression beasty.

This is what I run so provided I find it's OK in the next month or so then I might be interested in yours as a spare. I'll bear it in mind and if it's still around I'll talk to you nearer to Curboro time.

dave

if still for sale - i will buy assuming it starts yours - that way i can remove 2 torquestarters which do nothing - and save lots of weight - please mail off line with address to send cheque/who to write cheque to and i'll organise collection in next couple of weeks

thanks ross

Dave,

A friend of mine who drives a Zetec Van Diemen single seater in Sprint events has become so obsessed with shedding weight that he's lost 12kg over the Winter break! Doesn't look at all well...

The ironic thing is that the car is bloody heavy as it was designed for spotty faced youths to regularly smash-up in the Formula Ford Demolition Derby. It weighs an incredibly lardy 475kg, which is 60kg more than my Mallock Clubmans car which uses an axle from a GPO van, and a gearbox casing from a MK1 Cortina.

(Well it does at the moment...)

Chris.

Chris,

I've actually put on weight, what with all that Easter chocolate, so it would seem i'm taking it out on the car.

I will be wearing my carbon underpants for Curborough though along with my aerodynamic helmet ! Either that or i'll be looking for a jockey to pilot it !

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

It's all 3/4" 20 guage, 1/2" in places. Alloy diff carrier, tiny fuel tank, short tail box, alloy uprights etc.

Against that is the weight of the dry-sump equipment, front and rear wings,(rear is alloy with a deep chord for speed events) and the extra plumbing and fluid of a rear mounted rad. Also, the x-flow is a little heavier than an alloy blocked BDG.

Just think what it would weigh with it's "new" engine/transmission...! (as discussed off-line)

Can't wait!

Chris.

ps. If you've got your's down to 420kg with a car engine/box, it's got to be the lightest non-bike engined Caterham in the country. Crikey!