Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Another turntable

Sheds Moderator

Hi Nick,

I have a pair of Keilidhs in cherry which sound absolutely fantastic and look gorgeous. Unfortunately the going rate for these today is so low that I'm not sure I can bring myself to sell them, bearing in mind what I paid *eek*, even though part of this came from insurance following a burglary. On the other hand a mate has a habit of collecting hifi and has a pile of speakers. He has a nice pair of Rogers LS3 5a based speakers, or some Ditton 33s if you can live with the bigger footprint of an older speaker. He may also have some AE somethings which are lovely, however they are black which is extremely wife unfriendly these days. I'll have a word. Steve

Indeed yes, black isn't a winner and hasn't been post 1989. Some burglars did me a favour in about 96 in stealing my black ex demo Keilidhs, and I replaced them with cherry jobs which are lovely. My current QLNs are in cherry and it's just a shame that lots of nice speakers on the secondhand market are suffering from the curse of 1980s black.

Do you want stand mount or floor standers? What are the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor *wink*) constraints?

😬

I just don't like big black boxes in the lounge, reminds me of 80s student shelving. ☹️

And...

Naim.... *nono*

On a serious note Nick, my pal has some JR149s. Look them up on the net, they are an LS3 5a upgrade. They are in truly lovely condition, boxed etc but he does want proper money for them. PM me for details if this is your thing. Other than that you can have a pair of Celestion Ditton 33s for a few beer tokens, but they are old, big 70s boxes with a low WAF.