Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Left hand door

PeterS

Thanks for the response, Simon.

The situation is that I lost one at speed at the Nurburgring. When I retrieved it, it looked like I had only broken the mirror glass, so I replaced the mirror. Unfortunately, although it looks ok, the door doesn't sit perfectly, and wants to come inside the body with its trailing edge (unless there is a passenger, in which case their shoulder seems to provide the necessary resistance). So, the door looks fine, but when blatting alone, the door movement is rubbing on the scuttle, and has worn through to the metal. So I could try yours for sitting correctly, but by the sounds of it, my current ones would look better (i.e. not "ropey").

I think the answer is going to have to be a new one from Caterham, but I suspect they will only sell them in pairs, hence my posting.

I live in Rugby, and work in Warrington, so Bristol isn't on my usual journey line.

So thanks, but no thanks.

Spooky. I need a lhs door for exactly the same reason, mine is working its way into the metal and I've got to do something about it. Hasn't anyone out there got any spare lhs doors then?

Tomorrow's a good day for it!