Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

3rd party Ventilated Discs?

F355GTS

Mark, thanks for the info. *thumbup*

I think on my next 'play day' (I don't work Thursdays 😬) I'm going to swap left and right disk over and see if the vibration moves to the nearside wheel *eek* *eek*

Better keep off my bit of 'test track' *wink* as I'll not have time to bed the disks and pads in and the vibration only occurs from 80/90 down to about 60+ (kph *nono* 😬

SO! I don't know If I'll stop or if I do what side of the road I'll finish up at *rolleyes*

rog

C7 TNT - it's Dynamite!(Honda Irish Green and Peugeot Graphite grey)

PS.

Has anybody used the EBC disks (Caterham 254 x 18 on their website)

Only experience of their disks (& green stuff pads) was on my Puma but I didn't get on with them. Ok when worked but I found I was overly cautious when they were cold as I wasn't confident they'd stop me

rog

BOSS *idea* good idea

couldn't find one at that price at JL but found some that should do here http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/

I'm deciding which to get (imperial or metric) I still use groats, poles & perch's 😳 but reckon the metric gauges measue 'smaller' deflections as 0.01mm = 0.0004" (ish)

rog

Roger,

Before you spend any money try running without the anti squeel shims in place. I had what I though was warped AP/Alcon discs. It turned out to be the shims hitting the OD of the disc when the discs got hot and had expanded. Look on the outer edge for rubbing witness marks.

Rob

Both Canley Classics and Jigsaw Racing market a vented disc kit for the GT6.

Comes with all the bits you'd need including the heavy twin pot calipers. 😬

Joking aside they may be the alternative or be able to assist in your search for an alternative to AP vented discs.

Edited to include links and say the Caterham style hubs and uprights look interesting if you have a Triumph PCD car with trunnions.

Edited by - Neal Worth on 15 Nov 2007 19:56:04

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Digging this thread back up as one of my vented AP discs is warped 😔 Apperently there was a batch of dodgy ones a while ago which warped once they'd been through a few heat cycles. Anyone since know of any alternatives? I'd rather not pay Caterham £300 for a pair of discs!

M.

I think shad meant to link to this page here I also think there's an outside chance that the replacement discs will not always be available.

Simple answer here, buy the brake kit, and buy 1 or 2 sets of spare discs at the same time.

Also means that when you need new ones you don't have to spend time finding the best deal.

Quoting MartinS: 
Thanks for that David, Meteor have them for £110 rather than Caterham's £150!

Edited by - MartinS on 1 Aug 2012 07:34:51

£110 + VAT = £132

I reckon CC mis-priced these as a single rather than a pair many moons ago, and have just stuck to it, as their mark-up is outrageous