Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Washing race suits

tiddy1

stick it in the washing machine on a low setting. The fire protection comes from the composition of the fibres, not any proofing that might otherwise wash out. once a season is probably plenty, although i do the underwear and esp balaclava probably every other outing.

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B

Gosh!

Machines, eh? *eek*

Mine just gives all the dirty stuff to a woman from the village who takes it all down to the river in a basket.....they sing quaint french country songs as they scrub, then hang the stuff from trees to dry I understand.

The ways of the peasantry are fascinating when you stop to reflect. *wink*

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds..ooooh hooo hooo!!...

😬 😬Abbey Road Time-Machine *eek* *eek*

Aha - French women ....

Is 'down by the river' one of those "strange places" you mentioned today in another topic *wink*

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...

And racing around to come up behind you again. photos

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 26 Mar 2007 21:54:17

• Leadership Team

Nomex fibre will not lose fire-retardency in a washing machine - we manufacture Nomex sewing thread, and for some end products the Nomex will be treated to 100ºC of steam in a pressure vessel - that's a tad more than you'll subject it to in a washing machine. However, the "structure" of the suit may not withstand a washing - sometimes the knitted fabric can become deformed due to the tumbling effect in a warm environment which will change the shape/fit of the suit - the same happens with knitted wool and cotton garments. Safer to dry clean it if that's what it says on the label!

Stu.

*arrowup* 😬 yes but I'm a very half-hearted competitor Roger, and in spite of Graham's cruel words I haven't spun on track since '05. In any case, regular spinning means you can get the two sides of the car separately sponsored, a la Dame Ellen, and give both sets of sponsors a fair viewing!

Ref the other sort of skidmarks, the long johns bear the brunt of those! 😳 😳

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B