Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Softbits Half Hood: Green/Yellow stripe

SiCrad

Green with Yellow stripe, for long-cockpit Seven (not SV) with standard (non-FIA) roll-bar. Bought last year from Jill and Nick and then only used twice. The hood is unmarked but a little creased as it's been stored in its roll-pack under a bed for the last 8 months or so.

Blatmail if interested, I'm looking for £80 inc postage (or you can pick it up at the WightBlat if you're coming).

• Area Representative

Ah - now I've made the effort to read your post properly 😳 I see the half hood is for a non-FIA bar, so will not suit my car. Oh, poo ☹️

Sorry, I'll have to pass.

Crudders

• Area Representative

Shouldn't think so John - the FIA bar leans forward a fair bit while the standard bar is upright, so the 'fold' in the half hood will presumably be in the wrong place.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong though! *smile*

Crudders

• Area Representative

Oi did that while you was typing oi did *smile*

SBFS say the standard roll bar version is 6" longer than the FIA version. Shame ☹️

Good luck with the sale though Sicrad - I'm sure you'll find a new home for it. These hoods are top banana *thumbup*

Crudders

They are indeed a very nice and handy item (packs up so small compared to the full hood). I did actually send it back to Jill to see if it could be altered to fit the FIA bar - which narrows the distance to the top of the screen by about 3 inches over the non-FIA setup. Her advice was to sell it and buy a new one as alteration was realistically uneconomic. I would therefore not advise buying it to alter - although as they say caveat emptor :)