Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

T9 speedo drive - does it need blanking off?

Alex Wong1697456877

Hi Alex, if it's not leaking now then I'd leave it as it is, unless you want to remove the drive gear, and find / make a suitable blank to fit in the hole, which would need to be oil tight, and I'd not bother fitting the angle drive, there could be good money in selling this on. Regards Nigel.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.

well. What you have to do is remove the blacking plate from the other side of the gearbox. pull the speedo drive out and replace wit along bolt which goes in through the speedo drive seal ( the bit that the top hat fits over) and the other blanking bit is replaced with another one which has a threaded hole for the bolt. IYSWIM.

so it all depends wheather there is enough room to get the speedo drive out with the box in place.

RED 2.0 HPC 230BHP *thumbup* *smile*

Alex

If the Quafe box is the same as a Caterham 6 speed/type 9 etc then there is a blanking plate solution available from Ford dealers; it doesn't cost much. It can be fitted in the car but it really requires a small hole in the tunnel as space is tight. Gary May did my 6 speed in situ, & got the bits from Phil Stewart (Road & Race Transmissions).

Just get informed consent from the car before drilling holes. *nono*

Mick