Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Tyre Choice Update

Simon.Rogers1

Our team 😬 website has now been updated and data from my logger can now be seen.

Speeds are not correct as the logger had not been updated with the correct circumference of the Kumho's.

I'll try and work out the correct top speeds on a spreadsheet shortly.

Checked the speed and its only 1.02% out so max speed 112.5mph.

This seems slow compared to past data from the RaceTechnology data. But time is correct.

Anyone have any previous data.

I'll check out my ratios/revs tomorrow.

Giving it some Welly. As Always!

Edited by - Simon.Rogers on 27 Mar 2007 23:03:14

😬 hence my raised eyebrow on saturday at your quote of 125/127 mph down the back straight *wink*

I used to see 117mph with 247 bhp and acb's and on saturday I also recorded 111mph, but I would expect my exit speed from the top corner to be about 5mph less ? with the 888's I was running and the fact that I wasnt realy in "sprint mode " of driving .

your 112mph sounds realistic *biggrin*

Simon, took a look at the PDF of the fastest lap and compared it to my run in last years sprint.

On ACB's I'm 4mph up in the chicane and 5mph up through glue pot but 1mph down through the bus stop and the first corner (can't remember it's name). I'm only 1mph up through the second corner onto the back straight but if you look at the video you made last year using the same run you'll see that I was strugling to through the first and second corners.

Unsurprisingly the ACB's are quicker and Dave's prediction of 5mph is pretty much spot on, however we should remember that you were on the medium compound not the soft

Adrian

Yes but warm "medium" tyres.

Need to add some speed to the pdf 1% so not much.

What was your overall lap time not sprint time. I took the pdf from the turn in to the bus stop.

It really is very disconserting as it really felt much more together than on acb's.

I am also guestimating the start and stop points as without a beacon to time i have just looked at the graph and chosen the slowest point at the same corner.