Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

wipers and wash

wild bill

I use aeroscreen for summer but windscreen for winter and long tours with wifey. Is there a way of having an intermittent wipe. I read in the manual about putting wipe on then turning off again to activate the intermittent but this doesn'r seem to be the case. It's not an urgent job but i'd like to do it as soon as i know a solution if one exists

On mine I need to switch it to position 1 and then back to position 0 quickly (as in within a wipe) otherwise it doesn't work. It also seemed to be intermittent whether it worked or not when I got the car but gave the switch a good work out and since its reliable.

• Area Representative

For 1997 cars, the intermittent wipe feature should be standard on a road car (not sure whether the race cars that had to run a road spec IYSWIM would have this feature). The intermittent bit though is provided by a separate control box next to the fuses and I think some people take them off to either save weight *confused* or more likely if its gone faulty

HTH

Nick

Now the Orange HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

CC dropped the intermittent feature somewhere around 2000/2001 models as it only worked intermittently 😬 😬 😬. No I'm serious they had so many problems with them that they dropped the feature AFAIK. Certainly my 1999 car had it and my 2001 didn't. My current 1997 doesn't because it has a 2001> loom fitted.

Steve.

West Sussex AO

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Mine;s a 1992 car and the intermittent always works, always has. Can't credit that Caterham have had problems with it. If you switch it quickly on off on you engage intermittent. You sappear to have to do this within two full wipes timeframe. If you take longer it will just switch the wipers on or off. Thus the minimum number of wipes I am able to do is two before switching them off , otherwise they come back on again in intermittent.

Nigel Mills - 2.0 zetec

Old VW Golfs had a plug-in wiper relay with integrated int wipe control. Some on-off switching sequence trggered the int function. Maybe one would plug into the wiper relay position on the 7 🤔

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬