Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Powervamp Battery

Pleasantville

Phew! *smile* Just fitted the Powervamp that arrived today. No more will she, won't she start. Just a stab on the button and up she goes, with an immediate steady tickover - 1000rpm on the dot. Ran very crisply too, whereas before there had been some odd coughing and spluttering at low revs. I guess all components are getting a good supply of juice and are all a lot happier. Worth every penny and now total peace of mind. I would sling out those old Banners if I was you!

Hurrah for Powervamp - and Ed Roller and Ted Knights. Shameless-plug, but they (and the product) are stars.

Modest discount for the batteries and for shipping for club members at the last count. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester Racing

7s Equipe™

🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

I fitted my PV battery on Sturday and also used eds own design cage for the battery and reconfigured the battery position and ecu positions at the same time

he was also extremely helpful

Banner is no comparison Sorry Cagey and i use my 7 nearly every day. Car is much happier and starts first go with a real energy it has never had

• 1 month later...

I've just fitted a Powervamp PC680 in place of the old and v tired Banner.

As said above "No more will she, won't she start. Just a stab on the button and up she goes"

the Banner was on a conditioner all of the time but you only got 2 chances to start or it was flat ☹️

The Powervamp wasnt cheap but hopefully it will last well

You could always but an overspec'd larger Powervamp 😬

I've mounted my PV25 (680) laying on its side, and just 'folded' down one (long side) lip of the battery tray. The existing straps, without the loose top strap, can then be bent around the battery and fastened together with a long M5 bolt (drill out the thread on one of the strap bushes).

This is in an SV, and it only just fits between the chassis rails, but all the leads reach without any problem.

Someone else has mounted theirs standing up at one side of the battery tray and simply put a packing piece of MDF in the spare space in the tray. They reused the existing battery straps.

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳

• Area Representative

And I used the very smart Powervamp custom made ali case mounted in front of the footwell, which Ian bought and didn't use. I did need new leads though.

So how many orange juice and lemonades is that going to cost me then Ian? *wink*

Crudders

I would think so, as they were at the International Kit Car show at Detling a few weeks back.

But probably safer to ring Ed Roller to be sure (and find out where!)

Ian - MI 5EVN - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬 now repainted to match the Autocom headsets 😳