Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shiftlight

OAP

Datatool RevLight, 11 led, green-amber-red, progammable for sequential, accumulative or shift light modes, flexible housing.

Look at www.datatool.co.uk for details. Boxed, unused, with instructions. £30.

These units were originally designed for motorbikes (and are waterproof) and have four connections - live, ground, tacho, and set up. As far as I know others with 7's have fitted them (I think you will find some discussion if you search tech talk) but I don't know specifically about Zetec engined cars. Set up involves teaching the unit rev gaps and range by touching the set up wire to earth in an appropriate sequence and number of times.

If you need to be certain, you could call Datatool via their web site and talk to them.

Edited by - OAP on 22 Mar 2007 14:36:48

the dataool shiftlight will take a tacho input or an inductive pickup from a plug, IIRC. It will install in just about anything with spark ignition.

Be careful about testing the flexibility, the circuit board can get damaged. Flexing round a curve is fine, doing a double flex ie S-bend is dodgy. this is mentioned in the instructions.

Incidently the revlight isn't mentioned on dataools website, but you can find it here and there are installation instructions ere

Martin

Aero'd supersported ex-Roadsports B

just been reading back in techtalk - seems there has been a few problems setting them up. OAP how long have you had it as there seems to be talk about a dodgy batch.

i am looking at mounting on the scuttle so nice and flat - just worried about all the electricery as i am a complete numpty with that!!!!

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003) here

I bought it about 3/4 years ago from Mott Motorcycles in Basingstoke, on special offer at £69.99, and it has lived on a shelf in my study ever since. I have not fitted it or tried it.