Click here if you are having website access problems ×

500 BHP 2.0XE Vauxhall engine

Dickie Normuss

I have left the engine in the car so you can see it running
I don't know why but that just tickled me funny bone ...."...see it running..." 😬 😬 😬

I am sure it's a great engine *smile* *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams

King Sh1t Of Clam Hill!

NEW Updated Photos here

I can vouch for the fact that no expense has been spared on the preparation of this engine and the owner has deliberately left it in the car so prospective buyers can see/hear it running before they buy *thumbup*

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell - Surrey AO and Su77on Se7ener

Paul, during the car's build, rebuild and re-rebuild it has become a "bitza" Dont worry about the bronze effect tank, it has probably come off something else! I know what work went into the engine, it could not be bettered. Bear in mind, the pics were taken in my garage about two years ago when I was working on it and it may have changed since.

You are not buying the expansion tank, rather the engine!

CoSwoRth it!

Edited by - Caesar on 23 Mar 2007 13:01:40

Been to see it in the car - sounds fantastic *cool*. However, since the photo was taken it has been re-built due to the meeting of pistons with valves etc etc (ouch) following cam belt failure due to alternator being not quite in alignment - the verniers are now back enlcosed. Current owner has re-built with, I am assured, money no object specification. The "toys" this guy has in the owners garage include 3 Ferrari's one of which is an F40 - I kid you not, so quality of the re-build should be good. The car has been stored outside on a trailor under a cover for a while and everyting is slightly tarnished from that as shown in the photos as a result. The 239 bhp and mapping appear to be absolutely genuine. Happy bidding!

It's probably all accademic now but, it was during my ownership that a slight "cambelt mishap" occurred. It was the waterpump that seized and stripped a couple of teeth of the belt thus allowing it to hop on a vernier. I took the head off and, contrary to popular belief, there is no valve to piston contact unless you are revving the b*llocks off it, and, as I wasn't, there was no damage top end.

CoSwoRth it!