Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Photo Needed

c7trp

• Support Team

Anyone got a photo of the rear bush of the front lower wishbone bolted into the chassis?

I'd like a reference to see if mine is assembled correctly.....

My car is an 03 Roadsport with standard suspension if that makes any difference *confused*

• Leadership Team

Tim,

The wishbones are positioned using a series of washers (yes I did see your other thread). For wide track, working from the back forwards it should be:

0 washers......rear wishbone bush ..... 4 washers, then, front bush ...... washer and bolt. This positions the lower wishbone as far rearward as possible.

As a contrast, standard track is:

2 washers....rear bush...2 washers, then, 2 washers...front bush....washer and bolt.

This is a slightly gentler handling setup!

Not sure whether this makes it any clearer without a photo?

Stu.

• Support Team

Cheers Stu!

This is what I thought. However mine seems to have, working from the rear forward, 1 No. 5mm thick washer....rear bush...5mm thick washer (I think, it may be a plate on the chassis over wise with no washers the bush would run against the end of the tube welded into the chassis)

The front leg has 5mm spacer...bush...thin (std) washer, spring washer and bolt.

I'm not sure if these spacers are the correct thickness (I think they must be as it all fits), and I can't tell if the front spacer on the rear bush is actually a spacer or part of the chassis or not.

Forecast is snow this weekend so, I'll take it apart at the weekend and find out!

Edited by - Tim Pollard on 16 Mar 2007 09:12:20