Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Blown fuse headlight main beam

fastforward

I'm no electician, to me electricity should dribble like water, but unless you've got a dead short at the lamp or switch or main beam indicator, (is the bulb holder touching to earth) it could possibly be the relay overheating for some reason. You hav'nt got higher watt bulbs than normal have you. We used to put different bulbs in Cibe Oscar lamps for rallying.

The side lights work on the first click of the rocker switch, the full beam works on the toggle switch but the second click on the switch has a corresponding fhut at the fuse. I will pull the relay and have a look though. Thanks.

Brian

brianfyfe@ema.org.uk

• 2 weeks later...

In case it happens to you I have solved the problem of the blowing fuse on the dipped headlight main beam. At the back of the head light is a black block of insulation into which three wires run. Over time and with a nice source of heat near by the very thin dividing piece of insulation in the block wears away and then you have touching contacts (a short). Solution is to cover the contacts with some heat shrink tube insulation. I am going to do the other light as a precaution.

Brian

brianfyfe@ema.org.uk