Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham SV 160bhp

PhilS

I'm looking to buy a Caterham SV (either Roadsport or Superlight). Must have the following kit (or if missing, the upgrade cost needs to be figured into my budget):

At least 160bhp, so probably the VVC K-series

6-Speed box

Anti-cav or dry-sump

Track-day roll bar

Q/R Steering wheel

Harness

Full weather gear & heater

Superlight wheels (would prefer 13" but 15" OK)

LSD

The following kit isn't quite must-have, but still very important:

Front brake upgrade

Black pack

And here's the stuff I'd like, but probably won't get most of it:

Start button

Fire extinguisher

Carbon cycle wings

Carbon dash

Stack display

Spare wheel

Aero filler cap

I'm on a budget of ~£20k and have the cash waiting (well I will have in the next 3-4 days) for the right car. Idealy I'd like to buy something in the next week or two. Colour is not too important as long as it's not too daft (no bright pink or day-glow green), but prefer something bright or metalic and I do like stripes.

If anyone's got anything for sale that fits the criteria, let me know.

Cheers,

PhilS.

Nice car, but no LSD, no anti-cav & no uprated brakes. Also it's 21500, which is a little off budget. At that price, if it had everything I wanted, I might just be able to stretch after negotiation with the other half, but I'd want to upgrade it straight away and that would cause trouble.

Phil

Please see my e-mail.

As you've seen, my car meets your spec plus shift lights, rear brake light and lowered floor - apart from the 6-speed box - so if we're that close, I'm sure we can do a deal *thumbup* *thumbup* Cheers *cool*

Dizz

Agreed. I've seen Dizz's and it is very nice. If it had a 6-speed box it would just what I'm looking for. Can't quite run to the cost of his car & a 6-speed box. Unless anyone knows of a box going cheap of course. Also the cash now won't be freed up until towards the end of next week, but I'm still looking.

Hi PhilS,

As I'm sure you've come to realise, no two 7s are the same, and I think you'd be hard pushed to find one of the exact spec you're after?!

The 6 Speed box wouldn't stop me, but then each of us have differing requirments. I think you'd be impressed with the 5 Speed, and at least it gives you something to upgrade to next winter when you catch 'upgradeitis' 😬

Good luck *wavey*