Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VVC Heads

Grim Reaper

Does anybody know the part number for a bare VVC Head (and a price)??

Due to a complete VVC engine being a little expensive/difficult to come by and the fact I will be throwing much of the technical bits away,I am looking to buy a new 1.8 engine and a head casting from a VVC to merge the two together.

Sounds like a very expensive way of going about the project as a bare VVC head is around £1200 then you will need cam cover, valves, followers,springs, topcaps,blanking kit, seals and gaskets studs nuts and bolts. In short economic suicide. If you were buying new a VHPD head would be a better bet. Why not source a complete used VVC engine and dump/sell the bits you don`t need. Good secondhand units go for £700 to £1200. Ring around the breakers in your area.

A bare head £1200???? blush.gif

I can get a complete VVC engine "New" for +/- £2000 from Rover.(although without starter/alternator etc)

I will be throwing away the original Cams,Valves,Pistons and the likes in order to do a Solid non VVC conversion so thought a bare head would be a cheaper way of going about it.(I am of course assuming A "New" 1.8 costs less than the VVC)

Couldnt agree more, why go for new? all (most)of the bits that wear are usually replaced when the head is ported.. if you already have a bottom end then a good secondhand VVC head can be had for around £350, this would be complete with followers, valves, collets, caps, springs, cam cover, bolts etc. You can re-use the exhaust valves but the inlets are better replaced with REC ones, the guides are of shockingly poor material and are best replaced with Cosilbro bronze replacements.

If you do decice to buy new than I have a *lot* of VVC valves, springs, caps, collets, followers, bolts etc to make up a complete head at a fraction of the Rover cost.

Oily