Now I just have to get my PPD back up again 😬 😬 😬 *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams

Just Livin' it!!

NEW Updated Photos here

Edited by - Wile7 on 7 Mar 2007 22:27:51

What does Wile7 teach then?

Unemployed teacher

Well using my deductive powers he teached "unemployed", its a sign of the times , when I was at skool it was History , Geography but in todays skools its "Unemployed " and " Humanities" 😬

Changing worlds call for changing subjects *wavey*

If at first you don't succed Sky diving is not for you

Ahem 🙅🏻‍♂️ *nono* Listen you lot, back orf or you will all be in the shedly detention area ie out on the porch *tongue* 😬

I 'teach' Design & Technology (or will be again in September having had a couple of years out being a consultant - which you could argue is just as bad 😬)

Short working days, twelve weeks holiday a year, good salary, smoking/drinking in the staff room....... I'd love to be a teacher!

You have no idea at all do you vibrator head *mad* 😔 😔 *tongue* You must get your facts right *tongue* *wink*

As the Head of Shed, I will be working 8.00am until 7.00pm most days including Saturdays (and every other Sunday - Yip, it's a boarding school), will get 20 weeks holiday a year ( *smokin* *tongue* ), a good salary ( *cool*), subsidised accomodation, a no smoking environment (but a few beers from the bar in the 'staff room' *biggrin*) and I will have a fully equipped workshop and design studio to work on the seven when I need 😬 😬 *thumbup*

To be honest, I can't wait to get back into the thick of things again *smile* *smile* *smile* *thumbup*

The Bearded Clams

Just Livin' it!!

NEW Updated Photos here

Edited by - Wile7 on 8 Mar 2007 12:05:21

Now't wrong with being a consultant - ask Paul 'Contractor to the Stars' Davis *smokin*

My Dad taught Design Technology too - mind you, they called it woodwork in his day *wink*

The new Vauxhall. Its headlights are shaped slightly different from the Nissan. Because you're slightly different.

OOOOOhhh we have taken our sharp pills today

Does seem to be a rather large justification for drinking tea and making toast racks.

Me I get paid a moderate salary to answer the phone occasionally , answer the odd e-mail........

generally be available when some body has an "issue".

I call it a "retirement focused training module"

IT - you mean they've moved on from toast racks to floppy disk boxes now - what will they think of next! 😔

The new Vauxhall. Its headlights are shaped slightly different from the Nissan. Because you're slightly different.

I remember back in the 80's my Dad was teaching in a C of E boys school in Liverpool. As a gesture towards equality, they boys and girls schools agreed to offer a shared options period. So of course all the girls opted for woodwork to meet the boys, and the boys all chose Domestic Science! He had a class of all girls! Bet he loved it! 😬

Gosh ...I made a coat hook (m/work) and a swivel-top pencil box (w/work) ... a toast rack was considered far too complicated and advanced!!

Well you are a Ladeeeeeeyyyyyyyy 😬

Well you are a Ladeeeeeeyyyyyyyy

Surely the lesson was:

1. Get married

2. Put door hook on wedding present list

3. Get your husband to fix it on

I fear this thread is putting the wonderful world of teaching Design & Technology in a bad light *tongue* Excellent!!

I hate the 'technology' bit. Design is the important focus with the application of Science and Art and Technology and Language and History and Maths to it.

WindyC - where did the ICT bit come in? Don't all subjects use it?

If it has not grown out of the ground or popped out of your mum ( *eek*) then someone has sat down and designed it *thumbup*

Aaah...feel better now *smile*

The Bearded Clams

Just Livin' it!!

NEW Updated Photos here