Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

ACB10 Tyres

scooter

What BEC? ACB10's aren't measured like that anyway!

I know some blackbird engined guys run 6*13-21 ACB10's and they seem fine. Are you really sure you want to do this? ACB10's have very stiff sidewalls and take a fair bit of getting used to on the road.

They tend to tramline a lot and will reduce the ride quality a fair bit. I'd be more tempted by 48r's if you want that much grip.

Cheers

Richard Meadens Blade which has 6 1/2 by 13 rims all round is using 195,45,13 ACB10's and the big power K-series engined cars use the same on the front and 245,45,13 on the rear fitted to either 8 or 81/2 inch rims.

You're right - they're not generally measured like that, but you will find the alternative measurement (in this case 215) on the tyre wall. I just thought it would be easier for everyone to relate to if I used 'normal' measurements.

My BEC is a R1 engined Caterham...

I had a flirt with 10's Oh my Gaud! with my suspension set up the car became almost undrivable on the road *evil*

Country lanes at anything over 40mph were a nightmare. It seemed as if every bump has me heading for the ditch on wither side of the road depending on if the bump was on the near sid or the off side.

I spoke at length to Avon about them and in the end they said that you would get almost as much grip from a set of Cr500's as the 10's. The chap did say that technology had moved on from when 10's were in the hey day.

As you will know only too well 10's are Xply and the suspension will need to be set up with perhaps 1/2 degree neg at most on the front and 1/4 degree ears on the rear if its a Dedion. Trying to run a mix of Xplies and radials just doesnt work.

Grant Taylor

OBNS Motorsport

www.obns.co.uk

😬 183 BHP of Black and 'Stone Chip' excitement. 😬

I'm with Gridgway on this. Only wish they came at the same price as the Yoko's.

I don't really believe the

in the end they said that you would get almost as much grip from a set of Cr500's as the 10's.

I run CR500's most of the time but when I swithc to ACB10's the grip levels increase considerably (in the dry) especially once they are warmed up.

Steve.

West Sussex AO

Not forgetting Percy the Polar Bear

Acb 10's are a fantastic dry weather track tyre, they do what they are supposed to do. They will get you to and from the track but they will never be a fantastic road tyre. I do not not believe you will get more dry weather grip on track this side of a slick.

and the other big advantage (IMHO) with ACB10s is they are very predictable/progressive on the limit which make 100mph oversteer far easier to perfect - they're not bad on track either 😬

R400 Duratec Build and Modification Pictures

here

personally I am gutted that I will no longer be running ACB's on road or track 😔 once you get used to them they are great, and as it don't do too many road miles running the softest compound was not a problem *thumbup*

FWIW I ran my superlight on 7* 21 (front) and 7*22 (rear) no problem

rob

ACB10's also work amazingly well in the wet, if you can keep them up to temperature and avoid standing water. I'll be switching to CR500 "wets" a lot let this year for sure! They also have the advantage of working pretty consistently down to the canvas, but they very quickly go bang after that! Would never drive far on the road with them though...

Martin,

How old are the tyres ? If they are reasonably new I would be interested. Also live in Surrey so can collect, please let me know how much you are looking for via blatmail, thanks.