Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Driving difference between 032R and ACB10

1400rs_0of30

I have new ACB10s on this week for the first time ever, normally go for 032Rs. I haven't been on track with them yet, but am concerned with how slippy they are even round roundabouts. I have the soft a24 compound acb10s, expected them to be like superglue??

Am i just being paranoid ? do they take a while to grip..only done about 10 miles on them so far, or not hot enough to start to grip?

Experiences appreciated..

Sean

The original 1400 K Series Roadsport Prototype

My Caterham Website

Don't worry Sean they do feel terrible initially, and like all race tyres they really need heat and commitment to make them work properly, the harder you push the better they work.

I'm taking ACB's and 32's to Goodwood on Saturday, so if you want to do a back to back comparison you're very welcome to use my set for a few laps, but you wont be disappointed with the advantage of the Avons I assure you!

Nick

Interesting comment Peter regarding overheating A24 compound ACB10's on the track.

We're using them for sprints/road tyres and having loads of success with them. Seems you can just go out and get into it whereas with the A032R's the first lap was more used for getting tyres up to temp.

Wear isn't nice though and yes they do seem to go off ever so slightly if its a really hot day.

Have you a recommendation on compound?

Darryl

I love ACBs, they just feel brilliant, esp when up to temp. But at 100 a go they are expensive so I keep them for when I go on trackdays and run A032rs on the road, and A501s on hill climbs which are complete cr@p!

Simon.

X777CAT