Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Problems solved on Quaife seq. 6speed

Marius

A friend of mine tested his new Quaife sequential 6speed last sunday at Spa but couldn´t find sixth. Opened up the whole thing again (but was still faster than anything else that day, even without 6th...) and found out that:

- Quaife put in a 5speed drum into his 6speed box

- they forgot two bolts in the casing

Did they build it at night or just between breakfast and lunch break ? Not the thing you want when paying 3.000quid for a gearbox. At least they sent the new parts by express the same day.

Marius

P.S.: see the photos of the open gearbox at www.mog-racing.de

Ta, found it easily now.

Still not much wiser though. Glad I've not had to take mine apart. It's a very clever bit of packaging though, in the empty area between the ratio bit and the lever bit they've packaged all the sequential drum, change gubbins etc etc. Very clever.

Mine was delivered this time last year, well early March anyway. It was meant to be 5 speed overdrive top and when it eventually turned up (2 months late) it was direct top. Still as they rebuilt it in 2 days and shipped it at their cost I'll let them off. I think they're victims of their own success, especially this time of the year when everyones clamouring to get their cars built.